Soil Master Kit
Complete Kit with DCR Field Unit, 25 CO2 probes, soil knife, soil sieve, thermometer, jars and digital balance. Packaged in a rugged, easy-to-carry case.
Overview: The Solvita Soil Master Kit is a perfectionist means to accurately sample and measure soil microbial respiration in fresh field soil that is intentionally sampled with a minimum of disturbance to observe and quantify actual field microbial activity. The procedure reveals “basal” respiration which is normal background microbial activity.
Application: Measuring soil respiration with recently sampled soil that is minimally-processed provides vital information regarding actual behavior of soil biology under real field conditions. The Soil Master Kit is specially designed to obtain a realistic indication of soil microbial activity. The application is specifically designed for obtaining and preparing samples by minimal disturbance by use of a soil-knife instead of corer and a coarse-sieve for gentle homogenizing of soil. To complete the field-environmental/ecological package a soil thermometer is supplied to document actual field soil temperature. An on-line calculator at Solvita.com enables correcting field sample respiration to any other field temperature and moisture condition.
Note:This field test application provides important, complementary information to “CO2-Burst” respiration carried out on dried, ground soils in a laboratory. CO2-Burst reveals potential respiration and may be 2-5 times higher than actual field rates. Soil Master is ideal for soil conservationists, farmers and soil-ecologists.
Contents: Included in the test kit package are:
- Field Digital Color Reader (Green DCR)
- 25 Soil CO2 Probes (introductory package)
- Miniature Digital Scale for range of 0 -1000g soil
- Soil Knife (Stainless Steel) and Soil Thermometer
- Standard Coarse Soil Sieve (1/4 inch)
- Soil Wire Brush for cleaning sieve without water
- 3 Incubation Jars (polystyrene 475 ml with lids affixed with gas-tight gaskets)
- USB Cable and Jump Drive with Solvita Reader Software and drivers
- Instruction Manual with interpretation guide
Refills: Additional probes and jars are available in varying quantities to refill the kit.
|Dimensions||18.5 × 7.5 × 15.5 in|